141 - 160 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Reactions: corrado15

·
Registered
34 Posts
Rainy day here in Chattanooga so a perfect chance to change the oil and check air filter at the 7500mi Interval. Will have to do diagnostic work and light reset this week, but have piece of mind knowing its done. Used just under 4 qt. of the new Ducati Shell Advance 15-50, OEM filter, crush washer, and o-rings for cover (bonus got a mail in rebate form for a $25 shell gift card). Love this bike and the ease of most maintenance operations! Look forward to the next 7500 miles, next track day on this beast.

Reactions: Pard

·
Registered
591 Posts
Funny thing happened to me on my ride Panigale ride today.

This fellow motorcyclist flags me down and then starts telling me how he has 3 cameras on his bike and he has been following me and filming me. I thought I was about to get reported but turns out he just wanted to let me know he caught some good footage of me riding.

Here it is. I remember this ride. I was trying to pull away but this gent can ride faster than I can!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Changed my rear tire today, and really beat up the inside of the rear rim. Can't see it with the tire installed, but boy is it fugly in there.

I used a dremel to buff the scratches smooth before installing the new tire. Almost half of the inside rim was scratched up.

Used rim protectors which saved the outside of the rims but the tire spoons did a real number inside where they were in direct contact with the wheel.

OUCH!

When my carbon wheels arrive I will have the old rims sanded and repainted.

Paid my tuition today for sure. Wanted to do it myself, and failed. But at least I can ride tomorrow of fresh rubber.

Not going to change the tires on my carbon wheels by myself. :smile2:

·
Registered
2 Posts
New Rage fender eliminator- easier than I thought it would be to remove stock fender and replace
New Rage mirror block off turn signals - easy
CRG- Arrow bar end mirrors- removing the stock bar end on the right side easy using a 21 inch breaker bar, one of the mirrors doesn’t stay in place, it’s too loose even with everything tightened. The other side works perfect. I’ll try calling CRG but I bought these several months ago and just got around to installing. I think I’m screwed and will have to buy another one.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Installed a few items last night, R&G Radiator Guards, GB Clutch/Alternator covers, NRC tidy...oh and rode to work...have some more items coming, CRG RC2 Levers, R&G swingarm grip tape/covers. Have a ZG windshield I need to install. Was just not motivated last night to get at. The **** Torx bits on the front fairing are tiny AF!

-J

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
New Rage fender eliminator- easier than I thought it would be to remove stock fender and replace
New Rage mirror block off turn signals - easy
CRG- Arrow bar end mirrors- removing the stock bar end on the right side easy using a 21 inch breaker bar, one of the mirrors doesn’t stay in place, it’s too loose even with everything tightened. The other side works perfect. I’ll try calling CRG but I bought these several months ago and just got around to installing. I think I’m screwed and will have to buy another one.
I wanted to get the mirror block off w/ turn signals but geez it’s $120 for those little things... gotta be a cheaper alternatives somewhere....

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I put on my custom license plate... Love it and I think it looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I put on my custom license plate... Love it and I think it looks great!
Using your fav line, "Photos or it didn't happen" >:)

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Very nice indeed!

What type of go pro mount are you using?

Love the mirrors as well. What are they?

Thanks!
The GoPro mount is a custom pice of aluminum shank bolted to the center steering damper bolt - there’s a thread here somewhere that I showed pictures of it. Also the mirrors, they are Rizoma. It might be this thread...

·
Registered
591 Posts
Thanks!
The GoPro mount is a custom pice of aluminum shank bolted to the center steering damper bolt - there’s a thread here somewhere that I showed pictures of it. Also the mirrors, they are Rizoma. It might be this thread...

These mirrors? Rizoma Veloce L Sport Mirrors BS305

Any hope of contacting the person who made that custom Go Pro mount? I would bet there is interest in that item. Very sleek.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
These mirrors? Rizoma Veloce L Sport Mirrors BS305

Any hope of contacting the person who made that custom Go Pro mount? I would bet there is interest in that item. Very sleek.
Yes those are the mirrors - be careful if you order them, you need the correct mount for the 959. For example, the mirror is not sold with the part that mounts the mirror to the bike, the mount is sold separately.

I made the aluminum shank from bar stock - fairly easy to do. It was originally positioned for a Polaroid HD+ camera that has a shorter field of view. The GoPro Hero Session5 that I now have should be about an inch further back - I'll get around to making a new shank with a curve at the top for that...

141 - 160 of 180 Posts