Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

161 - 180 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Gah, I love the clear clutch cover so much. That will probably be the next thing I do to mine. I pulled the exhaust off and I'm going to work on coring it. Might write up a DIY just for those who are interested in learning how to do it themselves?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Over the past couple of days installed a new set of Diablo Rosso Corsa II tires in OEM sizes (rear took forever to come available) and installed a Panigale heat shield kit. Props to Kevin at Ducati Spacers for an amazing customer experience and quick shipping as well as products that really do work and make the 959 Panigale even better than it already was! Have had the spacers for a year and a half and decided to try out the heat shield. Also ordered a bundle for my dads new 959 Corse Edition. Been a productive week and Im looking forward to the next mountain ride or track day to test these tires some more!

Reactions: JWoody

·
Registered
31 Posts
Rode the piss out of it Sunday, about 350miles or so. All back roads and very little freeways.

Jacket is starting to rub... sad face.

-J:cool:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
208 Posts
Rode the piss out of it Sunday, about 350miles or so. All back roads and very little freeways.

Jacket is starting to rub... sad face.

-J:cool:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What part of MD are you from?

·
Registered
591 Posts
5000 miles, changed the oil and filter, removed the lower radiator guard and cleaned out the crud that gets trapped behind it.

First time changing the oil and filter myself on this bike. 600 miles service was done by the shop. Not too bad at all.

I used the Ducati Omaha OEM oil change kit.

https://www.ducatiomaha.com/products/ducati-oem-oil-change-kit-manufacturer-recommended?variant=32239193164

I changed the O rings with new ones supplied in the kit. I used the supplied crush washer and my own separately purchased three bond gasket sealer (expensive stuff).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KSDID8O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There was three bond on the plug I removed, but no crush washer. Seems the dealer did not use one. Took some work to clean off the old three bond.

Easy to use write up on how to change the oil here:

https://chancemoto.com/2017/07/06/ducati-899-959-1199-1299-panigale-oil-change-diy/

·
Registered
65 Posts
What did I do to my Ducati 959 Panigale Today? I bought it! :)

t_bare

Attachments

Reactions: Dingo

·
Registered
97 Posts
Some goodies

Well first off I finally installed the throttle spacers, HOLY SH*T. why did I wait so long. I was starting to question my riding skills in low speed situations, problem solved. The difference is really amazing, its like a new bike. Super happy with that mod. I also bought the Akropovic slip ons, dp windscreen, ducati by rizoma reservoirs, and carbon heal guards. Oh, and new tires rosso corsa 2’s. Just waiting to get installed, can’t wait. I already did the ducati by rizoma fuel cap and asv shorty levers. I love the 959, great bike, I like it more every time i ride it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Showa with Ohlins Nix 30 carts How do they campare??

·
Registered
91 Posts
BST wheels, TTX36GP with Flat link and rod, Adj Ohlins Damper, Auto blipper. Brembo RCS master and M 50 calipers w direst line bypassing the abs up front MWR Filter and Anthony at Bauce Racing tuned and Woodcraft clipons which improve the angle some. Just added Dunlop Q3+'s 190/55 rear we'll see about that decision tomorrow. Pics to follow. Many goodies thanks to Pard he's also a Mad Scientist too.

Reactions: able duc

·
Registered
19 Posts
Track and Rider Training Day

Greetings
Yesterday the first oil and filter change (see separate post). Fitted Evo-tech front and rear sliders, cleaned bike, checked and greased chain. Have a set of the T-Rex frame and clutch sliders coming.

Good day today at the Motorcycle Canterbury club Advanced Rider Training and Track day at the Ruapuna race track, just outside Christchurch City (literally 20min ride from my home). For the Canadians and Americans, you'd call this a road race circuit. Is flat, great vision, very grippy and smooth surface. It's a technical circuit, with a good balance between LH and RH corners, most of which are higher speed. Being pretty much flat it tests the bike handling and the rider coourage.

Haven't been on this track before and I've only had the 959 corse for a month, so am taking it very easy until I know it properly. Also, can only take the engine up to nomore than 7k RPM as it is still running in.

Love the bike... just wants to go faster through all the corners... very stable...

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
haha nice one.

·
Registered
91 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Greetings
959 Corse is now fitted with:
A set of front and rear wheel crash bobbins
Left and right side engine and clutch protectors from T-Rex racing... the no-cut version... fit perfectly onto the bike, clear the fairings...
great protection and although very solid you don't really notice them on the bike.. clever design

Best Dayal
2019 959 Corse

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ti Fairing Bolts, Ti Spacers for big Brakes and new Akras for my 959 Corse. I'm starting to develop a serious addiction to Titanium. Obscene prices but Oh the quality!

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Track and Rider Training Day

Greetings
Yesterday the first oil and filter change (see separate post). Fitted Evo-tech front and rear sliders, cleaned bike, checked and greased chain. Have a set of the T-Rex frame and clutch sliders coming.

Good day today at the Motorcycle Canterbury club Advanced Rider Training and Track day at the Ruapuna race track, just outside Christchurch City (literally 20min ride from my home). For the Canadians and Americans, you'd call this a road race circuit. Is flat, great vision, very grippy and smooth surface. It's a technical circuit, with a good balance between LH and RH corners, most of which are higher speed. Being pretty much flat it tests the bike handling and the rider coourage.

Haven't been on this track before and I've only had the 959 corse for a month, so am taking it very easy until I know it properly. Also, can only take the engine up to nomore than 7k RPM as it is still running in.

Love the bike... just wants to go faster through all the corners... very stable...
So sad to read this. Dayal was riding his 959 Corse at this very track late last year had a massive heart attack and died. Talk about dying doing something you love.

161 - 180 of 180 Posts