Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

what is the best tyres size for the 959 !!

13K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  PunyJuney 
#1 ·
hi guys,

i would like to change my tyres from the one came with bike which is pirelli Diablo rosso corsa 180\60 rare
120\70 front , i want to change it to pirelli supercorsa sp for track season and the road too , but did anyone try size 190\55 or 190\60 rare on the 959 does it fit also how about the 200\55 or 200\60 , please i need help .

#4 ·
Stick with the 180 on the OEM wheel. It will throw off your DTC.

However, switching to the Supercorsa is what I did when I installed the Rotobox wheels. Great tires. I also have them on my RR.

#6 · (Edited)
same question, can I replace the stock tires with a set of Michelin Road 5's that a friend has that are almost the right size? Rear 190/50/17 Front 120/70/17. The front is the right size the rear is a bit larger than the stock tire. What will happen if I go 190/50 instead of the 180/60? Is it worth the bargain? I have a set of Road 5's on my MV Agusta and I love them in the Canyons. They stick! Assuming I will be a little wider and a bit shorter, for me this will be a good thing.

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.