Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 959 is over the 3500km now so I decided to check the chain tension as per the decal on the swing arm. It should be 41 to 43 from bottom of aluminium part of the swingarm to the centre of the chain link pins. Mine measures about 48mm. However that nut is big. A friend with an 899 says his is 38mm but I measured across the flats with a caliper and got 40mm. Looking on line I get the message that the 899 and 959 have the same axle nut but its a 36mm multi-hex. These sockets are not cheap so I don't want to buy 3 different sockets just to find the right one. The local merchants don't stock anything this big. (About 32mm max).
Has anyone bought a socket yet?

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
here's the SKU if you want to triple check and send them an email - I just had my first service done yesterday and I forgot to ask the mechanic the size of the socket :(

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cazzo is correct. I purchased a 36mm 12 point socket for $18 and it fitted perfectly. By the way make sure you have a decent powerbar handy when you go to undo the nut. That sucker is tight (for obvious reasons). It took all my weight standing on the end of the powerbar to crack it. Torque it up to 180 NM or 132 FT LBs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts