Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Names Cory, live in Wisco. Currently ride a 13' 848, bought the ole girl new in 13'. Been contemplating selling it for a 959. Gonna do some research. See if that's what I wanna do. Obviously wouldn't be until next spring as winter is coming(pun intended)

Mostly a lurker, but I may ask a question or two here n there. Anyways. Here's a pic of the bike, and my DD.

Sent From: Some Nuclear Power Plant

·
Registered
892 Posts
Welcome to the forums Cory. Great garage space you have.

There's a huge wealth of information here and the other Panigale forums (899/1199/1299) to help make your decision. Feel free to ask us anything!

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
Welcome to the board.

Have you had a test ride yet?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Names Cory, live in Wisco. Currently ride a 13' 848, bought the ole girl new in 13'. Been contemplating selling it for a 959. Gonna do some research. See if that's what I wanna do. Obviously wouldn't be until next spring as winter is coming(pun intended)

Mostly a lurker, but I may ask a question or two here n there. Anyways. Here's a pic of the bike, and my DD.

Hi there,
If you do a search on the Panigale899 forum, there was a small write up on a guy who went from an 848 to an 899.
I think it was under the introduction section. Might give you a bit of an insight?.
:grin2:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forums Cory. Great garage space you have.

There's a huge wealth of information here and the other Panigale forums (899/1199/1299) to help make your decision. Feel free to ask us anything!

Thanks Bruv, I definitely will.

Welcome to the board.

Have you had a test ride yet?
I have not yet, I'm out of town for work until around end of November. The plan is to have all the research done by spring, then hit a test ride since I only live around 2 hours from MotoUnion in Milwaukee.

Hi there,

If you do a search on the Panigale899 forum, there was a small write up on a guy who went from an 848 to an 899.

I think it was under the introduction section. Might give you a bit of an insight?.

:grin2:

Thanks bud, I will look into it for sure

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
That's the first thing I thought as well... nice garage! lol! I had an 848 for about three years, it was a track bike so I never rode it on the street. I can tell you there's not many similarities between the 848 and 959 other than they're both twins. IMO, the "8" series bikes (848/1098/1099) were a step back for Ducati in the handling dept. Engines were more powerful over the "9" series (749/999) but the "9" series bikes had superior handling. The Panigale has combined the best of both worlds in spades!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the garage love, I enjoy it. My friends and I have a house on the beach up here in Wisco. Luckily they don't use the garage. So I have it all to myself .

I've been watching a lot of reviews, and reading through the forums. I have this weekend off to my surprise. So I might swing down to MotoUnion in Milwaukee and see if they have one available for a test ride.

As of now I'm a test drive away from switching bikes next season. Obviously I'll wait, see what 2017 has to bring in regards to the 959.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I'd also check out the SuperSport S that supposedly being released next year.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I personally wouldn't say its goofy looking, just a Monster with Panigale fairings and the 939 engine:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I personally wouldn't say its goofy looking, just a Monster with Panigale fairings and the 939 engine:

I suppose I shouldn't say goofy as I've only seen that picture, I don't know much about the 939 engine, another thing I'll look into at this point.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Yeah just something else to consider. What else is on your list for possibilities?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah just something else to consider. What else is on your list for possibilities?

Right now the 959, and the XDiavel. Quite opposite on the spectrum. But I don't think I'm ready to give up the sport bikes yet.

My idea was to pick up a 959, and hit track days galore next summer. Since I have all summer off from work. Not to mention I only live around 1.5 hours from Road America.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I know a guy that hammers on his Diavel almost as hard as he does with his S1000RR in the mountain passes. I'd say if you kept your 848 and got the XDiavel, you'd get the best of both worlds.

How's the 848 on the track/canyons?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know a guy that hammers on his Diavel almost as hard as he does with his S1000RR in the mountain passes. I'd say if you kept your 848 and got the XDiavel, you'd get the best of both worlds.

How's the 848 on the track/canyons?

That was another idea I had, track 848 and daily XDiavel.

Never been to a track yet, and Wisconsin doesn't have much for Canyons. It's a lot of fun in the twisters I do find and ride. Definitely needs a suspension tune and some other goodies.

I'm all over the board when it comes to ideas in my head, buy a Diavel, get a 959, turbo the jeep, don't turbo the jeep. Lol. What's the joker say in the dark knight about being like a dog that chases cars?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts