Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So thanks to Pard I'm the new owner of BST's which I swapped on last weekend and weighed them bare wheel to bare wheel with a bathroom scale. My last bike was a Triumph 765 Street Triple RS and swapped in the Rotobox wheels and saved roughly 2 lbs in front and 4 in the rear which make me think the stock 959 wheels are awful heavy. And fwiw on a bike this expensive and exotic a steel rear subframe just seems like an insult.

Stock front 9.8 lbs
BST front 5.6
Saving 4.2

Stock rear 22.7
BST rear 10.6
Saving 12.1

·
Registered
592 Posts
Thanks to jedclampet for the heads up on this item. Very cool gadget.

Baja NO PINCH Tire Tool

It does seem that the no mar device needs a little help when mounting tires on the BST rims. Cool idea to use it in conjunction with the no mar.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Baja no pinch

Yes Mark the BST wheels seem to be more shallow in the middle and doesn't provide much relief when mounting tires. I have used the Baja no pinch with success on these and other wheels. Keep in mind that its designed for mounting only it offers no help when removing the tire, it shines getting the tough last few inches over the edge with ease. It took a lot of aggravation out of the BST tire swap and my wheels show zero scratches. All the best

1 - 3 of 3 Posts