Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I was having a problem, I just couldnt get it up.....
Searched everywhere about the wheelie control on the 959 and some articles say it has it, some don't, others make it seem adjustable.

Not sure about you alls experiences but I had to completely turn DTC off to get this thing to pull up. Even with DTC set to 1 I could drop the clutched revved to high **** and only get a jerky jump, after turning the traction control off though, whullies all day.

Every forum needs a wheelie post right???

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yes ...
I had the same issue , so my solution was to set my ( WET ) setting with DTC off the other two to 1 and 1 turning it into my wheelie setting ...
plus the 959 Pani in fact Does Not have wheelie control ...

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Here's what I think... DTC doesn't control front wheel lift, ABS does... it's called "lift-up" in the Ducati Owner's manual - explanations can be found on page 76, 77

correct me if I'm wrong or interpreting this wrong - thanks ;)

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I'm just best guessing as my dyslectic brain reads preventing "lift-up as relating to the rear wheel as in preventing a "Stoppy" versus a "Wheelie". ???

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey guys just a quick question, so wheelies obviously hurt the front suspension of the bike since ideally it's not meant to fly up and slam back down yeah? What are some tips to reduce the bash on the durability or to reduce the strain/hurt on bikes when you want to have some fun?

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
I'm just best guessing as my dyslectic brain reads preventing "lift-up as relating to the rear wheel as in preventing a "Stoppy" versus a "Wheelie". ???
Check. Only the more invasive abs settings effect the rear wheel...

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
That must be what they mean. I have not read it, but I can't imagine how on earth ABS could effect front wheel lift under acceleration. ABS is strictly a braking aid. A higher DTC setting could effect it as it would cut power to the rear wheel once it detects the predetermined wheel spin.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This copied from THE Ducati website on the 959:

The 959 Panigale is equipped, as standard, with the Bosch 9MP ABS system with integrated pressure sensor. the three-level system ensures reduced stopping distances and greater stability in any riding condition. While level 1 of the system adjusts ABS intervention to sports performance and does not involve activation of the rear anti-wheeling mechanism, level 2 offers the same type of intervention but also activates the anti-wheeling system. Lastly, level 3 corresponds to the maximum degree of intervention, ensuring maximum stability while braking and rear wheelie control.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
This copied from THE Ducati website on the 959:

The 959 Panigale is equipped, as standard, with the Bosch 9MP ABS system with integrated pressure sensor. the three-level system ensures reduced stopping distances and greater stability in any riding condition. While level 1 of the system adjusts ABS intervention to sports performance and does not involve activation of the rear anti-wheeling mechanism, level 2 offers the same type of intervention but also activates the anti-wheeling system. Lastly, level 3 corresponds to the maximum degree of intervention, ensuring maximum stability while braking and rear wheelie control.
Very interesting... Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Has anyone managed to pull the front wheel up w/WOT in any mode/setting?

I'm still breaking it in, so I'm try not to be too harsh on the bike. But I'd like to know what I'm in store for once I take the leash off.

Reactions: Tommy's959

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
using WOT is not good practice unless you wanna kiss the pavement - the front wheel will come up with the slightest tug on the bars at the right RPM. I'm currently trying to get used to hard she pulls from 8K on

·
Registered
230 Posts
Turn off Traction control pop the clutch and pull the front wheel up , and as per Ducati the break in period is bullshit in the book, they said ride hard it will be fine

·
Registered
150 Posts
using WOT is not good practice unless you wanna kiss the pavement - the front wheel will come up with the slightest tug on the bars at the right RPM. I'm currently trying to get used to hard she pulls from 8K on
I wasn't meaning TRYING to do a wheelie. I mean just WOT and the wheel comes up on you. In Sport Mode, with WOT I think it feels pretty planted, but I see videos of people pulling the front wheel up coming out of turns. So I can only assume that some setting allows for pure power wheelies.

Turn off Traction control pop the clutch and pull the front wheel up , and as per Ducati the break in period is bullshit in the book, they said ride hard it will be fine
Yeah, my dealer told me to ride it like normal, just to try and not keep it at a constant RPM for several hours.

Reactions: Vic's 959

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has anyone managed to pull the front wheel up w/WOT in any mode/setting?

I'm still breaking it in, so I'm try not to be too harsh on the bike. But I'd like to know what I'm in store for once I take the leash off.
At the top of the rpm range mine will pull the front wheel up in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd

1 - 20 of 26 Posts