Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Top speed with stock gearing at redline or 10500 = 164.2 MPH in 6th gear and 144.3 MPH in 5th gear.

·
Registered
391 Posts
**But sidetone, who cares about the top end speeds really? You guys riding at the salt flats? Does anyone on here feel like the 959 isnt fast enough?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Don't get me wrong, it gets to 150 very quickly. But so do most modern 600s. I'm hoping that putting a full system and a tune will satisfy my top end fix. I don't do high speed runs often, but I like to know it's there IF I need/want it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Does anyone on here feel like the 959 isnt fast enough?
I'm glad you brought that up as I was hemming and hawing about that very topic here just yesterday.

http://www.959panigale.net/forum/95...nking-pulling-trigger-v-4-a-7.html#post165049

Do I really want 200 hp for the street? Especially given that it comes at the top of the rev range.
And at what cost? And I'm not just referring to the purchase price but missing out about the general characteristics and attributes of the 959.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I'm glad you brought that up as I was hemming and hawing about that very topic here just yesterday.

http://www.959panigale.net/forum/95...nking-pulling-trigger-v-4-a-7.html#post165049

Do I really want 200 hp for the street? Especially given that it comes at the top of the rev range.
And at what cost? And I'm not just referring to the purchase price but missing out about the general characteristics and attributes of the 959.
There are obviously reasons for getting the v4, but it really depends on what kind of a rider you are. Does the latest electronics suite coupled with PSCs sound amazing on the track, YESSSS!! It is easy to want the latest, I would love to try one some day. But honestly I am happy learning to ride my 959 at the best of my ability, I would not want anymore juice.

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
The highest I had pushed mine to was 265km ( 164mph). I don't think the bike had much more as I was just hitting 10,000rpm. Personally I don't see the need to go any faster then that. 265km is more than fast enough to get me killed or thrown in jail.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts