Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Does it definitively take a 1299S headlight and NOT an 1199S headlight?

*And are the plugs the same as those required for the 1199S conversion?

I ask because I currently have an 1199S complete kit...

Don't want everyone else to be wrong but it would be epic to luck out lol
Can someone confirm if the 1199S headlight will work in the 959/1299? I also have one, and a local wants to buy it for his 959...

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just installed the Philips Diamond Vision H11 Halogen HID Super White 5000K last week which I may regret following your post. Is the installation of those LED's "twist and plug" ?
Hi. I just bought myself a 2017 959. These bulbs that you installed, do you still recommend? Any issues with them?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Hi. I just bought myself a 2017 959. These bulbs that you installed, do you still recommend? Any issues with them?
I don't recommend these any longer. Small Plug&Play LED were not available at the time.
Halogens on a 959 are insufficient regardless of the bulbs. Even the Silver Star hi-beams, although an improvement over stock, were not enough. Definitely go for LED which are now much smaller.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don't recommend these any longer. Small Plug&Play LED were not available at the time.
Halogens on a 959 are insufficient regardless of the bulbs. Even the Silver Star hi-beams, although an improvement over stock, were not enough. Definitely go for LED which are now much smaller.
Thank you DarR. I will look into these.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts