220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I'm curious to see what the 959 is putting down at the wheels,
Stock, termi, akara,

Thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
Saw that today. So about 130 bhp at the rear wheel (with after market Akropovic exhausts). I am guessing closer to 120 with stock system fitted.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thank you for sharing this. It was a good watch. Lots of really helpful information. Now I know to ride between 7,200rpm and redline hahaha

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the European version is more restricted than the us/cad version so I'm hoping the numbers will be up slightly maybe 124-125 without the akra .

·
Registered
143 Posts
Anyone who's ever spent any time on older Ducati super bikes knows that those machines were savage down low. Every ride on the 1098S I thought it was trying to rip my face off. The 959 is an absolutely sedate ride in comparison. To me the 959 feels slower everywhere wether it is or not. I'm fine with that to be frank. I enjoy riding this bike a great deal more.

I'm not surprised at all to see that the 999 made more tq lower and maintained that throughout. That being said, trying to ride a 1098 in traffic at 30mph was enough for me to want off the thing immediately. On open road is was fantastic but I prefer the 959 for general all around sport bike duty. I still think I Pikes Peak Multi is in my future for longer rides (not to mention the 98 mile fuel light) but the 959 has been very pleasant so far (about 800 miles).

·
Registered
1,594 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
@Bluey
Big difference especially at the low end.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Here ya go. Red is before, blue is after.
Are you using the stock OEM air filter or a high flow air filter for either dyno runs?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts