Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am newly registered so hopefully below is a link to a video of what is going on. 2017 959 purchased March of 2017. Only mods are fender eliminator and a new rear light assembly with integrated turn signals. I installed this back in 2017 so I doubt that had anything to do with this. This started right after I had my 1st half Desmo service. Like, the next day. But the shop said that there is no way it was them since it left the shop working just fine. The fan comes on immediately even cold start. All the lights come on but then everything starts flashing.

After reading a bunch of the forums on here, a lot of people said they had similar issues and everybody suggested it was the battery. So I put my tender on it for 2 days and it started up. But it had the check engine light on. Everything seemed fine. Took it out for a ride and everything worked perfect and check engine turned off. About 2 weeks later I come out and it was doing this again. So I checked out the forums again and didn't see this problem specifically, but since the battery getting charged the 1st time worked, I thought I would try again. No luck this time. So I did what a lot of people suggested and bought a Shorai Lithium battery and replaced it. After installation, same issue, but since it was a fresh install, I decided to put the tender on for a few days again. No luck. Please help. The shop was no help and started telling me it was going to cost at least $400 to even diagnose it at this point. Unfortunately, had I read the reviews about the only Ducati service center within 300 miles of my house (North Idaho), I probably wouldn't have bought the bike, even though I loved every minute up to now.

And yes, kick stand is up, looked for any obvious pinched lines check fuses that I could find. Tried to start in every gear, neutral, clutch depressed, Wet/Sport/Race modes for all. I have been riding for 10 years so I know how to start a bike. And I used to do all the maint and servicing myself on my Ninjas, but I thought I would take the trained tech route with upkeep on this and so far not too happy.

Thanks! /forum/images/959Panigale/smilies/tango_face_crying.png

I can't post the link to the video, so here is after the youtube /watch?v=sP4_KftgmhU&feature=youtu.be

Attachments

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
@BoblowJihobey - I just saw the video. You're not even giving it time to boot up before trying to start it. Clearly there's something wrong because the tach is blinking. A seasoned Ducati Master Mechanic might know where to start diagnosing the issue, or perhaps know how to fix it already.

Where are you at with it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts