Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

Wsbk 2017

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Rinzlr 
#1 · (Edited)
Was anyone else watching the WSBK round 3 (Aragon) this weekend?

#2 ·
Although I like both MotoGP and WSBK, I prefer the latter for a couple of reasons.
In WSBK, the bikes at least start-off with a production model that you and I can buy.
I really like the "Two Race" per weekend and the new rules with alternating pole positions in Race 2.

#3 ·
Started following WSBK towards the end of last season. While I still prefer motoGP, the fact that the Panigale is the second best bike in WSBK is a good reason to get interested. My gripes with WSBK is the commentary isn't even on the same planet as motoGP and not all races are shown on BeIN Sports here.

Off-topic, how on earth is the ZX-10R such a better bike? Reviewers all over have praised the new R1 as being better than the Panigale (1299 not the R), but the Panigales have been beating them consistently. Also anyone check out the burning Panigale from the Stock 1000 race?

#5 ·
Off-topic, how on earth is the ZX-10R such a better bike? Reviewers all over have praised the new R1 as being better than the Panigale (1299 not the R), but the Panigales have been beating them consistently. Also anyone check out the burning Panigale from the Stock 1000 race?
Its all about money and rider talent. Kawasaki spends more money and has the best riders. The fact that Chaz does so well on the Panigale and now Melandri is doing awesome on his come back it shows how good of a bike the Panigale R is. Yamaha simply doesn't spend the money like Kawasaki does, yamaha has focused on the US market

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.