Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'd like to buy Akrapovic slips-on exhaust (under typed) for my 959 panigale. Please let me know

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Hello,

I'd like to buy Akrapovic slips-on exhaust (under typed) for my 959 panigale. Please let me know
Just asking but why?

-The minimal additional power (only in the mid-range) comes predominantly from the fuel mixture update
-The weight savings is Eh and already in a low CoG. Think Lithium.
-More noise, just remove the stock baffle and flash the ECU.

$4~$5,000 would buy you a lot more performance and bling elsewhere.
Just a thought, but for that money: think CF wheels, gearing, right size levers.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Just asking but why?

-The minimal additional power (only in the mid-range) comes predominantly from the fuel mixture update
-The weight savings is Eh and already in a low CoG. Think Lithium.
-More noise, just remove the stock baffle and flash the ECU.

$4~$5,000 would buy you a lot more performance and bling elsewhere.
Just a thought, but for that money: think CF wheels, gearing, right size levers.
I totally agree and will be the first one to say that the money can go further performance wise... But I will qualify that by saying I have put an exhaust on every bike i have had. On my 848 the full termi system did a lot. On my 959 I went for slip ons because, there isnt much more to be gained with the full system. But let me circle back and get to my point.

the exhausts that ducati develops with akra (and formerly termi, for superbikes at least) is the full expression of the bike. It is how its meant to run, sound, perform. Is the extra $ gauging hard to swallow, yes of course it is. I think if you are resourceful and diligent you can track down a decent deal for slip-ons, my suggestion is that you find one with the official akra upmap and avoid having to do an alternative fuel/air mapping scenario that will cost you further money and time (even tho there are amazing deals on slips w/o upmap). I would avoid the endless aftermarket options from companies that goal is just to make a loud can. IMO it should be akra and underbelly. Just my 2 cents
In conclusion, its a lot of money for min gains. But somehow it still makes sense! ha

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
@Brian Y
Following and complementing @KarlKani above post, we're all onside that an Akra will improve the bike in a few areas somewhat. However, the cash outlay involved could be better allocated elsewhere first where you'll get more bang for your bucks. Then follow-through with the exhaust. My 2c.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Just fit a 1299 underbelly system thats what ive done and love it
How about just buying the whole 1299 instead.
That 4K~5K exhaust price will fetch you 40+HP, Up~Down QS, better electronic, color display and LED lighting.

M2c, I'd be ok with under $2000 but at current prices, Akropovic must think buyers are egotistical morons.

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
They're doing the same thing with the V4 Panigale. Full system is $5200.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Thats true but the V4 and the 1299 before that were at the top of the food chain. The only way for more power although marginally was to replace the exhaust and then some. With the 959, you have the option to step up to a more powerful bike for relatively the same price.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I bought 1299 slip-ons and upmap key from someone on here, plus fitting, came to a little over 2k, not 4 or 5.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Here's one quote (but there's also another) that comes to mind from the great one:

“it is the eyes of others and not our own eyes which ruin us. If all the world were blind except myself I should not care for fine clothes or furniture.”

― P.T. Barnum

1 - 10 of 10 Posts