Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WTB - Red Rear Seat Cowl + Ducati Up-map Key for Akrapovic Slip-on (959)

I'm looking for a red rear seat cowl (accessory), so if you have one please PM me.

Just as the title says, I'm looking for the up-map key for the Akra slip-on from Ducati. PM if you got one you're willing to part with!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Finding a key is like looking for the proverbial needle in the haystack. It can only be used on one ECU at a time .
Moreover, it's a compromised AFR.
If you already have a slip-on, just get your ECU tuned.
It's 100x better. Alternatively, get a Rapidbike unit.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Finding a key is like looking for the proverbial needle in the haystack. It can only be used on one ECU at a time .
Moreover, it's a compromised AFR.
If you already have a slip-on, just get your ECU tuned.
It's 100x better. Alternatively, get a Rapidbike unit.
Is one cheaper than the other? I would imagine just getting the ECU tuned is cheaper since all I need is dyno time? or do you send out the ECU and have it tuned with pre-programmed AFR?

Thanks DarR!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Is one cheaper than the other? I would imagine just getting the ECU tuned is cheaper since all I need is dyno time? or do you send out the ECU and have it tuned with pre-programmed AFR?

Thanks DarR!

Fortunately the Panigale 959's Mitsubishi/Himeji ECU has many options for flashing. Rexxer and Tuneboy are ones that come to mind but there are more.
Moreover, and contrary to the liquid cooled Monster's notorious Continental Synerject-U1 ECU which must be sent out for surgery to crack and flash you don't have to do that with the Panigale's.
For the Monster, I didn't have a choice and sent it out to Rexxer for surgery. In fact, I'll pick-up the bike at my dealer tomorrow as I also had an Annitori quick-shifter installed.
For the Panigale, I have opted for the Rapidbike only because I had the intent to core the stock exhaust and needed something that could auto-tune as I didn't know the outcome. However, the AFR can be manually set or it can be professionally tuned also.

Regardless of whether you choose a gizmo to flash at home or a Rapidbike, prices are all in about the same range +/-.
Lots of threads on the topic in forums for the 899,1199,1299 and here to help you decide.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts