Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm going to be getting Xpel clear bra installed on my AWS 959 when the winter starts to fade. There is a local detailer that I'm taking it too and they do a great job. I had them detail my car along with installing opti-coat. They did such an amazing job I knew I would take the Panigale there as soon as I got it. But I wanted to go a step further and do the clear bra. Anywho I wanted to check in with the forum to see if there were any other members in the Northeast who may be interested in Xpel clear bra as well. I think it's a great option given it's self-healing properties and the shop knows how to deal with the matte finish on the AWS. Also curious about your thoughts on the product.

Here's their website if anyone is interested :smile2:

Unique Car Care | Clear Bra Installation - Luxury & Exotic Car Detailing - Andover, MA

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hey guys. I'm going to be getting Xpel clear bra installed on my AWS 959 when the winter starts to fade. There is a local detailer that I'm taking it too and they do a great job. I had them detail my car along with installing opti-coat. They did such an amazing job I knew I would take the Panigale there as soon as I got it. But I wanted to go a step further and do the clear bra. Anywho I wanted to check in with the forum to see if there were any other members in the Northeast who may be interested in Xpel clear bra as well. I think it's a great option given it's self-healing properties and the shop knows how to deal with the matte finish on the AWS. Also curious about your thoughts on the product.

Here's their website if anyone is interested :smile2:

Unique Car Care | Clear Bra Installation - Luxury & Exotic Car Detailing - Andover, MA

I'd atleast be interested in checking it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Keep us posted on how it comes out. I have the front of my GTI wrapped in Xpel ultimate (bumper, leading edge of hood, quarters, and mirror caps) and have been really happy with its protective qualities and stealth look. Could've saved me from a rock chip or two on my 959 front fairing.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok. I'll let you know more details when I learn more. Hopefully can get the bike out of winter storage middle of March-beginning of April and have UCC work their magic.

I'd atleast be interested in checking it out.

Will definitely update post on results.

Keep us posted on how it comes out. I have the front of my GTI wrapped in Xpel ultimate (bumper, leading edge of hood, quarters, and mirror caps) and have been really happy with its protective qualities and stealth look. Could've saved me from a rock chip or two on my 959 front fairing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am doing my whole bike tomorrow with Xpel this is a must with the thin paint on our 959's this and tail tidy immediately!!! LOL

I will keep you posted I am new to this Ducati life but I heard a ton of paint problems so it's 3m or Xpel I went with Xpel I did research and heard these two are the best for paint protection choose one better than nothing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It's way shinier on the last pic you can see on the tank the outlines of the Xpel film according to the tech the tank is the most difficult but looks really good SUPER HAPPY... if you are in NYC checkout LORENZO CUSTOMS....in the Bronx
4752 Bronx Blvd, Bronx, NY 10470

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
That is an amazing Price I paid alot more but that's NYC for you they did have the bike for 2 days and a half but I did pay alot more but I am happy and did think it was worth it I'm going to Tennessee LOL

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@gatesb77 - how did the install of XPel go? Do you have current pics of the AWS you can show us?

Hey. I didn't end up getting it done. Needed to have some work done on the car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had the XPEL installed on my 959 two weeks ago. Private installer who I know did it for me. Outstanding result! Bought a precut kit from http://thetankslapper.biz.

The kit was exceptional, perfectly cut for all the necessary surfaces. This is the sixth kit I've purchased from them. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That is an amazing Price I paid alot more but that's NYC for you they did have the bike for 2 days and a half but I did pay alot more but I am happy and did think it was worth it I'm going to Tennessee LOL
Where did you get it done and how much? I'm in BK and I'm interested.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts